Private Office Asset Management Limited is able to act on your behalf in advising you on investments and non-investment insurance contracts. We offer products and services as follows:
- Investments & Pensions – we provide an independent advice service. We will make a recommendation for you after we have assessed your needs. Our recommendation will be based on a comprehensive and fair analysis of the market.
- Estate Planning Services – we provide an independent advice service. We will make a recommendation for you after we have assessed your needs. Our recommendation will be based on a comprehensive and fair analysis of your current situation and your objectives.
- Non-investment protection contracts – we advise on non-investment protection products e.g. term assurance, income protection and critical illness from a range of insurers.
Retail Distribution Review
The Retail Distribution Review (“RDR”) came into effect on 31st December 2012, and it applies to all advisers working in the retail investment market, irrespective of whether they are employed by banks, product providers, wealth managers, stockbrokers or independent financial adviser firms. With RDR the Financial Conduct Authority (“FCA”) has introduced new rules that require firms to:
- clearly describe their investment advisory services as either “independent” or “restricted”
- explicitly disclose what they charge for their services
- receive remuneration for investment advice only via charges agreed with their clients
- employ investment advisers who have attained and adhere to consistent professional standards, including higher minimum qualifications.
Private Office Asset Management Limited is “Independent“, and believes that RDR represents a positive development for the financial services industry. Its objectives and the cornerstones of its approach are in keeping with our own mission to deliver the best possible, high quality, service for our private clients.
A key requirement of RDR is that the charge for providing advice should be clearly distinguished from the charge for any other service, and in particular the FSA has been concerned that investment advisers have received commissions from product providers as a reward for the sale of certain investments. These commissions had the potential to compromise the impartiality of the advice offered; therefore under RDR advisers are no longer allowed to receive commissions in this way. Historically, Private Office Asset Management has provided investment services on a fee-only basis, setting out our charges very clearly, and thus we have not worked on a commission basis and we are proud to say that we were already complying with this aspect of RDR prior to its introduction.
RDR also requires firms to classify themselves as either “Independent” or “Restricted”. The distinction between the two is that “Independent” advisers can consider the whole investment universe, product types and products by all providers in making their recommendations to clients, whereas “Restricted” firms will only consider a selected range offered by a limited number of providers.
Every client facing adviser must achieve higher minimum qualifications (Level 4), complete adequate and formalised Continuing Professional Development training (“CPD”) and must be issued with a Statement of Professional Standing (“SPS”) which defines activities / advice they are authorised to provide.
Client Agreement and Service Agreement
Our Client Agreement and Ongoing Service Agreement are available upon request, and these clearly define the services that we provide and the fees that we charge for providing the defined initial and ongoing services agreed with each client.
Private Office Asset Management Limited is Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. The Firm’s FCA Number is 650696. The Company is Registered in England and Wales, Company Number 5901662