Heather is our Head of Private Client.
Heather qualified as a solicitor in 2011, having previously qualified as a legal executive. Heather worked in the family and private client departments of a well-respected law firm in Croydon for 10 years. Since 2014 Heather has worked as a private client lawyer for firms based in Haywards Heath.
Heather specialises entirely in private client work, and in particular:
- Drafting wills and living wills (also known as ‘advance directives’);
- Drafting lasting and general powers of attorney;
- Registering enduring powers of attorney;
- Estate administrations including probate and intestacy;
- Creating and winding up trusts;
- Tax matters such as reporting to and negotiating with HMRC;
- Court of Protection work including applications for Deputyship orders and statutory wills.
Heather has significant experience in working with clients at the most difficult times of their lives and she is committed to providing an understanding ear as well as a thoroughly efficient and comprehensive service to her clients.
We are immensely pleased that Heather has chosen to take the step up and join us as Head of Private Client, where she will be overseeing our firm’s growth in the private client department as a fundamental and key member of the wider team.
Heather will be working with our go-ahead and dynamic team in cultivating and enhancing our relationships with professional services intermediaries. The aim is to provide cost effective, efficient legal services to firms who specifically wish to out-source such private client work to reliable experts who care deeply about the client experience and outcome.
Heather plans to study to qualify as a notary with our full support. Heather was born and raised in Surrey but now lives in Burgess Hill, West Sussex with her husband and young son.
DD: 01444 615086